Pometia spp. (Family: Sapindaceae)
A medium hardwood. The trees are medium to large and can be found mainly in low altitude, usually near rivers.
- Density: 735 - 915 kg/m3
- Heartwood: light red-brown to dark red-brown
- Sapwood: fairly distinct, lighter in colour
- thin layer of parenchyma narrowly surrounding the vessels
- orange-brown coloured deposits present
- rays are very fine, not visible to the naked eye
- terminal parenchyma bands give rise to vague growth ring figure
- vague stripe figure
The timber is suitable for furniture manufacture, tool handles, door and window frames, plywood, heavy duty flooring and interior finishing like mouldings and skirtings.